Thursday 2 February 2017

Muller: I can't score if Bayern aren't playing well


The 27-year-old has scored only one Bundesliga goal so far this season and he insists he needs proper support from his team-mates to get back on form.
 Thomas Muller says his poor form for Bayern Munich this season is down to the team's unconvincing attacking performances and has urged his side to improve their displays.
 Mourinho's tantrums at 'the truth' hide real Man Utd problems.
 Germany international Muller has scored just one Bundesliga game this season, netting four in 24 in all competitions.
 Bayern still sit top of the Bundesliga table - three points clear of closest challengers RB Leipzig - but have come under criticism for some underwhelming displays.
 And while Muller admits he should have better returns at this stage of the campaign, he feels the problem is not entirely down to him, insisting that he needs better support from his team-mates.

"My [goal-scoring] stats are not the same as in recent years. When the team's not playing well offensively, it's always a problem for me because I'm not an individualistic player," he told ESPN.
 "I don't take the ball in the middle of the pitch and dribble past six guys. When our positioning and ball game and passing is not that good, then my game is struggling as well,
 "I can score from set pieces and so on, but I have to be involved in the combinations, make my runs without the ball, go deep. When we find our game, play more balls on the ground, through the middle, and combine better, it's more comfortable for me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment